Bruce A. Friedman, Esq.'s practice has included a large number of professional liability cases for over 30 years. He has served as both plaintiff’s and defense counsel in cases against law firms, accounting firms, real estate and insurance brokerage firms. He served as general counsel of his law firm for a number of years and was retained and has testified as an expert witness in many legal malpractice actions.
Mr. Friedman’s respectful demeanor and commitment to giving all sides due consideration allows him to quickly gain the trust of his clients and ease the tension between disputing parties. His ability to create a relaxed environment combined with his fine-tuned evaluative style and careful attention to detail gives Bruce an upper hand when assisting parties find fair resolutions.
- Numerous legal malpractice claims involving underlying business, intellectual property, securities, insurance and real estate litigation and transactions
- Cases involving claims against accounting firms arising from alleged failure to detect fraud in audits and negligent preparation of financial statements
- Represented and mediated numerous claims against realtors arising from purchase and sale of real estate
- Disputes against insurance agents and brokers with respect to claims involving the alleged failure to obtain insurance coverage or limits
- Numerous sexual harassment cases involving law firms, entertainment companies, and hospitality establishments
- Legal malpractice action by doctor/entrepreneur against attorneys arising from unfair competition lawsuit seeking to enforce non-compete agreement entered into between doctor and hospital acquisition company that purchased several hospitals and adjoining medical buildings from doctor
- Action between real estate broker, client and their attorney involving attorney’s claims of interest in client’s acquisition of real property
- Dispute for malicious prosecution brought by third-party adversary of client alleging counsel had unlawfully recorded and maintained lis pendens on apartment building in major city, resulting in multi-million dollar loss
- Legal malpractice action by client against corporate transactional attorney alleging attorney failed to obtain acceleration of purchase price of clients’ business acquired in M&A transaction
- Legal malpractice action against law firm by insurance company client arising from insurance coverage advice given to client with respect to underlying construction defect dispute
- Legal malpractice lawsuit against law firm commenced by beneficiaries of client’s estate alleging that estate planning partner failed to include all of testator’s property in Trust
- Arbitration against client’s transactional counsel alleging that client made errors in drafting of stock purchase agreement
- Matter between wealthy individual and investment advisor for breach of fiduciary duty arising from recommended investments in allegedly inappropriate private equity investments and repayment of loans made by client to advisor