Hon. P. Oswin (Os) Chrisman (Ret.)
brings to JAMS 13 years of experience as a judge in the family, probate and district courts of Dallas County; and 20 years as a practicing attorney with major law firms in the Dallas area. Judge Chrisman specializes in dispute resolution for healthcare issues, employer/employee, labor relations, and professional malpractice disputes. He has significant expertise in the areas of family law, probate law, commercial litigation, and personal injury matters.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Successfully resolved over 600 cases as a mediator and arbitrator
- Specializes in employer/employee, labor relations, professional malpractice, and healthcare disputes
- Considerable experience in healthcare law, probate law, and commercial litigation
- General Motors Corporation v. American Ecology Environmental Services Corporation et al.
- City of Louisville v. City of Highland Village (water and sewer rights in dispute)
- Ursula Cory et al. v. OS Bonanza 9435Q, Inc. et al. (wrongful death in airplane accident)
- Estate of Ruby Carville Dean (probate matter)
- Fred A. Hammond v. Texas Commerce Bank Dallas (commercial)
- Gerry Laymance et al v. City of DeSoto (employee/employer dispute)
- National Teachers’ Association, Inc. v. Duffy, McAlister et al. (special master/referee)