Deborah A. David, Esq. has been a JAMS neutral since 2000 and has acted as lead mediator in hundreds of matters including a variety of cross-border and business disputes. Prior to joining JAMS, Ms. David served as a litigator for 25 years representing both defendants and plaintiffs. In late 2002, she moved to London, England and continued her career mediating matters, including business, and teaching conflict resolution in the US, UK, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. In late 2016, she returned to live and work in Southern California.
Experience gained throughout her career enables Ms. David to quickly recognize major issues key to resolution of a matter. She believes that a patient mediator, willing to work however long it takes to get the job done, is essential to successful resolution.
- Multi-party industrial dispute involving members at all levels in the supply, manufacturing, distribution and marketing chains of a major industry concerning 11 years of complex commercial transactions
- Breach of contract dispute between a technology services provider and IT consultants
- Dispute between financial products and services provider and health care partnership brokers regarding the sourcing and provision of group health insurance to employees of a large hotel chain
- Suit for wrongful termination against a large UK energy trader involving complex issues of control between affiliated off-shore entities
- Supply contract dispute between U.K. based pharmaceutical wholesaler and Asian manufacturer
- Dispute between an electronic component distribution company, a hardware/software supplier and an international finance company regarding an agreement for the sale, purchase, installation and financing of an IT system
- International IT consulting firm v. international water and waste management consultant
- Breach of contract for provision of IT services to a UK water company
- Breach of contract claim between dealership and overseas automobile manufacturer involving obligations under Dealer Agreement.
- Constructive termination claim between director-level employee and employer financial services firm
- Breach of contract dispute between purchaser of aircraft and aircraft manufacturer concerning language warranting the life of the engines