Deborah A. David, Esq. has been a JAMS neutral since 2000 and has acted as lead mediator in hundreds of matters. Prior to joining JAMS, Ms. David served as a litigator for 25 years representing both defendants and plaintiffs where she investigated, evaluated, and represented parties in mass tort claims. Ms. David’s mass tort experience covers pharmaceutical and medical device torts, automotive defects and failures, mass disasters, and contamination. In late 2002, she moved to London, England and continued her career mediating tort matters and teaching conflict resolution in the US, UK, Europe, Africa, the Middle East and Asia. In late 2016, she returned to live and work in Southern California.
Experience gained throughout her career enables Ms. David to quickly recognize major issues key to resolution of a matter. She believes that a patient mediator, willing to work however long it takes to get the job done, is essential to successful resolution.
- Pharmaceutical product liability cases including vaccine cases and blood derived products for hemophiliacs
- Medical device liability cases concerning surgical lasers and intrauterine devices
- Blood banking and transfusion safety claims
- Automotive mass torts including cases involving unintended acceleration, Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV) and All Terrain Vehicle (ATV) rollovers, Claims of defects in the ergonomic design of passenger vehicles and crashworthiness claims including roof crush and seat belt failure
- Mass disaster commercial airline crashes involving coordinated litigation
- Suits involving components manufactured by government contractors for use in classified applications
- U.K.-based group action brought by hotel guests against a European resort hotel claiming intestinal illness brought by alleged pool contamination
- U.K.-based group action involving post-autopsy disposition of body parts
- Asbestos claims