Mr. Feinberg’s practice includes mediation and arbitration of complex business disputes, real estate conflicts, breach of contract actions, disclosure litigation, construction delay claims, subrogation actions, fire claims, insurance coverage and bad faith actions, and mass torts including mold, personal injury and pharmaceutical cases involving Multi District Litigation. Mr. Feinberg received his B.S. in Business Administration from the University of Southern California (cum laude) and his J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law.
Mr. Feinberg is a nationally acclaimed speaker and author of numerous periodicals and texts including the textbook entitled “Construction Defect Litigation, The Community Association’s Guide To The Legal Process” (Available at Amazon.com). He spent 24 years in practice representing over 100 corporations both profit and non-profit and has successfully transitioned into the field of alternative dispute resolution serving as a Mediator and Arbitrator in complex business, insurance and real estate matters.
- Business: Breach of contract involving multi million dollar real estate purchase and sale agreement and related disclosures.
- Business: Fire loss cases involving business interruption, profit valuations and governmental intervention.
- Business: Commercial business interruption stemming from construction and occupancy delays.
- Business: Claim of breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation relating to purchase and sale agreement.
- Insurance: Subrogation action involving fire loss.
- Insurance: Subrogation action post settlement of complex construction defect litigation.
- Insurance: Bad faith denial in construction defect claim and cross actions.
- Insurance: Bad faith claims involving denial of coverage and recovery of Brandt fees.
- Class Action Plumbing Construction Defect: $41.8 Million resolution.
- Pharmaceutical - Ortho Evra Pharmaceutical Resolution of Multiple Nationwide claims.
- Construction Defect: $13.7 million settlement involving 500 duplexes. Alleged defects focused on roof underlayment and improper installation of substrate, flashing, and perimeters.
- Construction Defect: $13 million resolution of 460 unit condominium project. Alleged defects included architectural design, water intrusion, roofs, decks, stucco, and plumbing issues.
- Construction Defect: $8.5 million settlement involving 384 condominium units. Alleged defects included waterproofing, mechanical, electrical, improper drainage and deteriorated concrete and roofs. Case involved sophisticated insurance coverage issues and multiple parties and carriers.
- Luxury High Rise Construction Defect: $8.8 million settlement involving 102 units. Alleged defects included decks, water intrusion, plumbing, mechanical, and electrical issues.
- Construction Defect: $6.8 million settlement of 159 unit condominium project. Alleged defects included dry rot, mold, stucco application, window and flashing leaks, and mechanical issues.
- Construction Defect: $5.9 million settlement involving 271 single-family homes.
- Apartment Construction Defect: $3.2 million resolution of 264 unit apartment project.
- Condominium Conversion Construction Defect: $2.8 million settlement. Case involved disclosure issues and structural stability of project.