Ross Feinberg’s practice includes mediation and arbitration of real estate conflicts, complex business disputes, breach of contract actions, disclosure litigation, construction delay claims, subrogation actions, fire claims, insurance coverage and bad faith actions, and mass torts including mold, personal injury and pharmaceutical cases involving multi district litigation.
After 24 years in practice representing over 100 corporations both profit and non-profit, Mr. Feinberg has successfully transitioned into full time alternative dispute resolution. He has served as a mediator and arbitrator in complex business, insurance and real estate matters.
- Breach of commercial lease mediation between landlord and tenant involving unit defect claims
- Landord-tenant mediation between restaurateur and property management consultant company for breach of commercial lease
- Mediated dispute alleging fraud, negligence, and breach of fiduciary duty related to damages arising from sale of real property
- Mediation and resolution of several cases involving municipalities, including attendance at city council executive sessions to further and complete settlements
- Mediation of non-disclosure dispute involving commercial air traffic patterns and claims by and between brokerage firms, buyers, and sellers
- Mediation over purchase and sale agreement dispute involving failure to disclose allegations
- Resolution of complex real estate breach of contract and non-disclosure matter among parties with strong religious and cultural differences
- Use agreement dispute mediated between private citizen and government entity
- Recipient, Jerrold S. Oliver Award of Excellence, West Coast Casualty Conference on Construction Defects, 2003
- AV Rated by Martindale - Hubbell
- Recipient of 15 national and local awards from organizations on behalf of Homeowners Associations
- National Board of Trustees, Community Associations Institute (CAI), 2007 and member of its College of Community Association Lawyers and Board of Governors (national president, 2006)
- Senior faculty member, CAI; member of 5 member panel Speakers and Topics Committee for the annual West Coast Casualty Conference on Construction Defects; senior seminar advisor for national construction defect coverage seminars held by MC Consultants; co-chair for numerous Mealey’s Lexis Nexis construction defect seminars; helped coordinate Brookings Institute annual Construction Defect Seminars in Washington, D.C. and Orange, CA
- Lectured before local, national, and international organizations on topics related to construction defect litigation, community association law, and consumer class actions; panelist for the Judicial Symposium on Construction Defect Litigation on behalf of the AEI-Brookings Institute Joint Center for Regulatory Studies in Washington D.C.
- Faculty, California Association of Community Managers teaching California Law and Ethics, 1993-2008
- Author of books and articles on laws affecting community associations and construction defects, including Construction Defect Litigation - the Community Association’s Guide to the Legal Process and CAI’s accredited California course on Homeowners Association Law (Amazon.com)
- Member, California, Nevada, and Colorado Bar Associations
- Partner, Feinberg, Grant, Mayfield, Kaneda & Litt, LLP
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 1984
- B.S., cum laude, University of Southern California, 1981
"Words cannot express the gratitude both I and my clients felt after Ross worked with us late into the evening in a virtual mediation. It was a complex case in which emotions ran high. Though conducting our mediation through the internet, Ross, as always, was the epitome of professionalism both in appearance and performance. Speaking to my clients as if he were in the same room with them, Ross managed to calm their anxiety and delivered a message they needed to hear with sensitivity and a necessary modicum of force."
- Counsel for Luxury Home CD Plaintiff
- “Knows the law... Intelligence off the map. Hardest worker in field. A closer! Will settle your most difficult case.”
- “His immediate grasp of the concepts and nuances, and his command of the process, places him among the top tier of mediators”
- "Best mediator in the OC"
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More