David Geronemus is one of the most respected and sought after dispute resolution professionals. He has been a full-time neutral with JAMS since 1994. A former law clerk to Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart, Mr. Geronemus has taught negotiation and alternative dispute resolution on an adjunct basis at Yale and Columbia Law Schools.
Mr. Geronemus has settled hundreds of cases, including many involving accounting and law firm partnership disputes.
- Arbitration between a law firm and a former partner over retirement plan benefits. At issue was whether the firm could condition benefits on compliance with a non-compete provision in its partnership agreement. The case was reviewed de novo by the Connecticut Supreme Court and Mr. Geronemus’ decision was affirmed.
- Mediation and arbitration of legal and accounting malpractice cases
- Mediation of a dispute between a former partner and a law firm arising out of allegations that the firm terminated his partnership interest in violation of the partnership agreement
- Mediation of a dispute between two former law partners over the division of revenues from certain contingent fee cases
- Mediation of a dispute involving a former law firm partner’s treatment by the firm and the amount that the partner allegedly owed the firm
- Mediation of a dispute over the valuation of a deceased partner’s interest in an accounting firm
- Mediation of a dispute over valuation of a deceased partner’s shares in a law firm; the case had been litigated for over 14 years before being settled in one day of mediation