- Selected as a Best Lawyer in Alternative Dispute Resolution/Mediation, D Magazine reader survey, 2011-2014
- Co-Author of chapter, “Judicial Aspects of the Securitization Case,” Mortgage and Asset Backed Securities Litigation Handbook, Thompson West Publishing Company, 2008
- Advanced Judicial Certificate, Texas College of Advanced Judicial Studies, 2004
- Mediation Training, Course Director, Texas College of Advanced Judicial Studies, 1993 and 1997
- Frequent Lecturer on Ethics, Trial Management, and Mediation, including for the Texas Center for the Judiciary and the Texas Association of Court Administrators
- Senior District Judge, sitting by assignment, 2003-present
- Judge, 86th District Court of Texas, 1981-2002
- District Attorney, Kaufman County, Texas, 1978-1980
- General practice, 1973-1978
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, Austin, TX, 1973
- B.S., University of Texas at Austin, 1970
- "Judge Ashworth continues to be one of the finest mediators I've ever worked with."
- "Judge Ashworth was great. He got to the heart of the matter and I was very pleased with the process."
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More