Jeffrey Grubman, Esq. is a veteran ADR professional who has served as a mediator in over 2,000 cases in 34 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico in a wide variety of complex cases, including class actions and high impact, multi-party matters.
Mr. Grubman has mediated an array of class actions, including securities, consumer and employment. The amounts in controversy have ranged from the millions to the hundreds of millions. Mr. Grubman is known for his thorough preparation and his tireless efforts and creative strategies to help parties reach resolution.
- Mediated $500 million plus class action against large insurance company by 70,000 policy holder class across 30 states involving alleged overcharging of cost of insurance for variable life policies
- Mediated putative class action, including shareholder derivative claims, challenging merger of public company
- Mediated putative class action alleging claims under the Telephone Consumer Protective Act (TCPA) involving facsimiles sent to over 4,000 members of a national association
- Mediated settlement of nationwide class action involving claims related to allegedly improper fuel surcharges against Fortune 100 company
- Mediated class action against Fortune 100 company related to alleged overcharging of consumers in leases for office copiers
- Mediated action with pending motion for class certification related to the propriety of a national bank’s process for instituting force-placed property insurance