Hon. Stephen E. Haberfeld (Ret.) brings a wealth of talent, accomplishments, and more than 30 years of ADR or judicial experience to each international engagement. He is a former Magistrate Judge of the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California and was an Assistant Watergate Special Prosecutor in Washington, D.C.
Judge Haberfeld’s recognized ADR expertise in resolving contentious, complex international business disputes includes contractual, banking, intellectual property rights, and entertainment matters. Judge Haberfeld chaired a distinguished panel on mediation of international disputes at a recent law school symposium on international arbitration.
- Arbitrator of international contract dispute between Chinese and U.S. corporations concerning scrap iron shipments
- Arbitrator of international contractual dispute between European and U.S. corporations, concurrently pending before JAMS and European courts
- Arbitrator of international dispute involving Jurassic Park exhibit in Republic of Korea
- Arbitrator of international film distribution disputes under the auspices of ICC and JAMS
- Mediator of international film distribution dispute between Taiwanese corporation and U.S. film studio
- Arbitrator of termination of U.S. executive’s employment contract by renowned European luxury goods corporation
- Chair of three-person panel concerning U.S. bank’s alleged unauthorized withdrawal of Nigerian national's funds
- Member of panel of former federal judges concerning Asian corporation’s contested U.S. patent rights
- Mediator of international contract dispute between Israeli and U.S. corporations concerning distribution of wines