Lawrence R. Mills, Esq. brings to his ADR practice an accomplished and multi-faceted career of over 35 years as a lawyer specializing in litigation and business counseling, and over 25 years of experience as an arbitrator and mediator. Mr. Mills has extensive experience successfully resolving intellectual property matters, including copyright and trademark infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, and contract disputes relating to transfers and licensing of intellectual property. Cases have involved literary works and musical compositions, designs and business concepts, manufacturing processes, innovative technological developments, consulting services, and computer software and hardware.
- Mediated case with claim for damages and for trademark infringement relating to metallic coatings technology
- Mediated case with claim for breach of medical billing software license
- Mediated case with claims for trademark and copyright infringement concerning a manufacturing process
- Mediated case with claims for damages and injunctive relief for misappropriation of trade secrets in the business of selling computer hardware
- Mediated case with conflicting claims to intellectual property and funds relating to a non-profit organization for global initiatives for the prevention and cure of diseases
- Arbitrated breach of non-compete agreement and failure to transfer intellectual property algorithms developed as a work for hire