Lic. Fernando Navarro Sánchez, LL.M. has successfully served as a mediator and co-mediator in several large, complex mediations involving parties and counsel from Latin America, the U.S. and Europe. His background as both outside and in-house counsel, as well as his extensive training with some of the world’s most recognized mediators, guides his practical, hands-on approach working with clients. His success in resolving commercial disputes in Mexico and other Latin American countries makes him an ideal choice for local or international cases. Mr. Navarro has significant experience in the energy sector, specifically in renewable energy.
Mr. Navarro is based in Mexico City and is available for mediations worldwide. He is fluent in both Spanish and English.
Mr. Navarro is known for his high energy and tenacity in finding a satisfactory resolution for all parties. He is also keenly attuned to the interpersonal and cultural dynamics involved in cross-border cases.
Download General Biography in Spanish
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Mediated dozens of commercial, construction, employment, civil and family law matters, both in the United States and Mexico
- Consultant on dispute resolution issues, including clause drafting and dispute resolution system design
- Litigation, mediation and commercial transaction experience in the United States, Mexico and Central America
- Served as corporate counsel in the renewable energy industry
- Adjunct professor on negotiation and mediation at the Instituto Tecnológico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Campus Santa Fe (Mexico City)
- Adjunct professor on mediation at the American University Washington College of Law – Center on International Commercial Arbitration (Washington, DC)
- Coordinator, Mediation Committee at the Mexican Bar Association
- Certified private mediator, Mexico City Superior Court
- Extensive mediation training as a Weinstein Fellow, 2012–2013
- Mediated a complex construction dispute between an international investor and a Mexican construction contractor
- Mediated a large renewable energy asset purchase dispute
- Mediated several employment cases for multinational corporations in Mexico City
- Co-mediated several insurance coverage disputes in Mexico involving an international reinsurance company