Barbara A. Reeves, Esq., CEDS (Certified E-Discovery Specialist) has arbitrated and mediated a wide range of cases across the entire spectrum of law. She has been a full-time arbitrator and mediator with JAMS since January 2006.
Before joining JAMS, she handled numerous arbitrations and mediations on a part-time basis while in private practice. In addition to specializing in complex litigation while in private practice in Los Angeles, she worked as a prosecutor in Washington, D.C. and Los Angeles with the Antitrist Division of the United States Department of Justice. She also served as associate general counsel and vice-president of Southern California Edison and Edison International. Her experience inside the corporate arena has given her first-hand insight into the problems and concerns of employees and employers, technology, energy markets, insurance coverage, regulatory issues, contracts, and intellectual property.
Ms. Reeves is regarded as tenacious and creative, demonstrating the ability to find solutions in even the most complex and emotional cases. She has arbitrated and mediated across the entire range of insurance disputes, drawing from her expertise while in private practice handling environmental coverage matters.
- Mediated disputes between medical provider groups and insurance companies involving insurance coverage for medical services provided to patients
- Sole arbitrator in multi-state dispute between group of hospitals and insurance company
- Arbitrated case between hospital and insurance company arising out of wage and hour litigation
- Arbitrated and then mediated case involving environmental coverage issues
- Mediated dispute between primary and excess carriers involving interpretation of horizontal stacking of primary policies
- Mediated cases alleging bad faith failure to resolve actions arising from complex litigation involving construction defects and toxic torts
- Mediated coverage disputes between law firms and their legal malpractice insurance carriers
- Mediated numerous coverage disputes regarding contribution for defense costs of an underlying construction defect cases
- Mediated numerous coverage disputes related to directors and officers liability insurance
- Mediated cases between London market underwriters and California insureds involving theft of art works.
- Mediated employment practices liability coverage dispute seeking recovery of defense costs pursuant to settlement of an employment class action
- Mediated subrogation disputes arising out of fire, theft, and construction defects