Jerry Roscoe, Esq.
brings decades of experience resolving business/commercial disputes in the United States and overseas. He has handled complex, multi-party matters involving commercial, technical, contract, medical, environmental, telecommunications, public policy, and international law issues.
Mr. Roscoe frequently presents to corporations, law firms, federal agencies, and bar associations on mediating disputes in a variety of areas of law, including business/commercial. In addition, he has designed dispute resolution processes for Fortune 500 companies and has conducted ADR training for thousands of corporate professionals, attorneys, judges, mediators, and arbitrators in public, private, and international sectors. Mr. Roscoe manages a health care ADR program for a national association. He is a fellow with the International Academy of Mediators and a long-standing member of the Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution and the D.C. Bar Committee on ADR.
- A variety of contract disputes involving multiple industries including health care, law firms, environmental, insurance, securities and financial, transportation, energy, construction, and international telecommunications
- A variety of tort cases including negligence, malpractice, and wrongful death claims related to medical services, train and auto accidents, fatal fires, firearms, and workplace injuries
- Case involving copyright and royalty issues for publications of print and electronic media
- Case on remand from the U.S. Supreme Court which established the definition of coal operation for the purpose of processing and handling coal activities throughout the U.S.
- Cases between private and government entities establishing ownership rights governing the software used for management of military fuel use around the world
- Federal appellate case dealing with siting of liquefied natural gas storage and transmission facilities in New England
- International case between a U.S. company and Egyptian consortium of public and private interests regarding the establishment of an Internet service provider serving the Middle East
- International political conflicts in Bosnia to enable implementation of the Dayton Accord
- Mediated and arbitrated cases involving health care procedure coding, medical negligence, credentialing, and reimbursement
- Mediated and arbitrated multi-million dollar vaccine personal injury claims involving insurance liability, coverage, and reinsurance issues
- Multi-party construction contract dispute involving subrogation and reinsurance issues over alleged defects and cost overruns during the construction of a resort hotel
- Multiple cases between brokerage houses and investors over allegations of fraud, including cases referred by the NASD
- Multiple environmental disputes involving Superfund and CERCLA issues; a federal action involving a national environmental organization suing the federal government over water resource allocation; water contamination by the U.S. government resulting from World War II zinc mining operations; a state government and 63 PRPs involving remediation and allocation of liability and costs for contamination of waterways in Ohio; leaking underground storage tanks; and groundwater contamination