Hon. Stephen A. Schiller (Ret.)
has been resolving disputes at JAMS-Chicago for over a decade. With over 20 years judicial experience in the Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois and nearly as many in private practice, Judge Schiller is a trusted expert in the Chicagoland legal community.
Judge Schiller’s ADR practice focuses on commercial contract disputes; personal injury matters arising out of claimed negligence and product liability; insurance coverage; professional liability disputes involving the medical, legal, accounting and surveying professions; class action claims, and disputes arising out of the purchase and sale of interests in business, as well as minority interest issues.
- Actions brought by tenants against landlord in large properties pursuant to state’s local ordinance
- Case involving the misdirection of prizes in McDonald’s Monopoly game
- Consumer class action brought on behalf of consumers on the basis of implied warranty as to the suitability of a nationally distributed product
- National class action claims against one of the nation’s largest internet service providers regarding what were claimed to be false representations as to the quality of service that was being offered; values involved exceeded $15 million
- Resolution of a case involving claims of borrowers against a large financial institution for assignment of undisclosed cost and fee charges