Hon. W. Scott Snowden (Ret.) has been a trailblazing leader for over 25 years in case management, modern court administration, and early resolution. Under his guidance for over 15 years, the Napa Superior Court has resolved the majority of civil actions within 12 months of filing. A pioneer of court-based mediation, he brings decades of skills as an extraordinarily effective settlement specialist to the resolution of a variety of disputes including employment matters. Judge Snowden has successfully mediated actions involving alleged FEHA violations, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliatory and wrongful termination issues.
Please click here to view what counsel have to say about Judge Snowden.
- Action by large urban school district against former Superintendent and former Chief Financial Officer for alleged misfeasance respecting failed program to create joint powers agreement replacing traditional employee retirement programs. Complex issues regarding public schools’ financing and insurance coverage of public agencies and employees. Successfully mediated.
- Action for sexual harassment against owner/operator of assisted-living/skilled care facility. Legal issues included whether the owner was strictly liable for actions of plaintiff’s co-worker who allegedly had de facto supervisory status. Successfully settled in early stages of litigation.
- FEHA action for alleged disability discrimination and wrongful discharge against state university hospital. Successfully settled.
- Lawsuit by former cellar master for wrongful termination, alleging FEHA violation for firing in retaliation for job-related disability. Defendant asserted legitimate business related reasons for elimination of position. Mediated to settlement.
- Mediation of lawsuit alleging wrongful termination, discrimination for disability, and failure to accommodate. Successfully mediated to settlement.
- Post-filing, early litigation mediation of lawsuit alleging discriminatory termination for disability and failure to accommodate. Successfully mediated to settlement.
- Pre-litigation mediation of sexual harassment/retaliatory termination claim against a county for acts allegedly committed by a department head. Successfully mediated to settlement.