As a lawyer, Superior Court Judge and Presiding Justice of the California Court of Appeal, Justice Stone has litigated, tried, settled, and participated in written appellate opinions concerning disputes over intellectual property, technological, and proprietary trade secrets.
Since joining JAMS as a mediator and arbitrator, Justice Stone has successfully applied his negotiation skills to the settlement of intellectual property and proprietary trade secret matters.
- As a lawyer, Justice Stone successfully tried a case involving a suit brought by the owner of a unique technology corporation against departing officers accused of stealing proprietary technology and trade secrets.
- As a trial judge and appellate justice, Justice Stone tried, settled and participated in appellate cases involving intellectual property, technology, and proprietary trade secrets.
- Presided as a special master in a lawsuit between two telecommunications companies alleging each had misappropriated trade secrets and illegally competed with each other. Subsequently, Justice Stone was able to mediate the litigation to a successful conclusion.
- Successfully mediated a dispute between a technology corporation and its former key employees who were accused of stealing technology and illegally competing with their former employer.
- Successfully mediated a multi-state Federal lawsuit between the Apollo astronauts and a toy manufacturer regarding rights of publicity and privacy.