Judge Sundvold brings 30 years of experience from his distinguished judicial career and private law practice. He devoted twenty years on the Orange County Superior Court, including serving on the Court’s High Impact Trial (HIT) team and the Complex Civil Panel. Here he oversaw many employment matters including discrimination, sexual harassment, wage-and-hour, and wrongful termination cases.
Judge Sundvold has earned a reputation for being a fair, hard working, tireless judge, skilled at managing a heavy caseload of complex matters and settling the difficult claims including many involving emotionally charged issues.
Judge Sundvold has successfully resolved numerous employment claims including the following representative matters.
- Multi-million dollar wrongful termination case involving breach of employment contract of a private school principal
- Wrongful termination case involving a 60-year-old sales manager with twenty years of service at the company
- Numerous wage-and-hour class action cases for major restaurant chains involving exempt, non-exempt managers, hourly employees, overtime, and meal and rest breaks
- Sexual harassment case involving a 32-year-old female with claims of harassment via emails and misconduct at company functions
- Claims after an appeal from state labor board for wage-and-hour dispute
- Case involving breach of contract, failure to pay wages, and wrongful termination issues by manufacturing plant foreman who moved cross country and accepted a job offer from defendant
- Wrongful termination/defamation case involving an executive officer of chamber of commerce after allegations of mismanagement and failure to perform terms of employment contract