Hon. Elizabeth Glazebrook Watson has successfully mediated and arbitrated hundreds of complex, national and international multi-party, high stakes civil disputes as a full time JAMS panelist. Prior to her judicial service, Judge Watson acted as General Counsel to Pickens County, Georgia; General Counsel to Pickens Hospital; and General Counsel to Regions Bank (formerly known as Pickens County Bank). She was also a founding director for a national bank.
Judge Watson served 12 years in the Appalachian Judicial Circuit of North Georgia, four years as Chief Juvenile Court Judge and eight years as Superior Court Judge. Since stepping down from the bench, she has acted both as a single arbitrator and on 3-Judge arbitration panels in a wide variety of cases. As a mediator, Judge Watson has successfully resolved over 95% of her cases. She is well-known for the meticulous preparation and engaging, dedicated and determined approach she brings to all her cases.
As an attorney, judge, and neutral, Judge Watson has handled a wide range of complex family law matters. She also served as Chair of the State Bar of Georgia Family Law Section from 1989-1990.
- As a solo practitioner for 11 years, Judge Watson handled dozens of family law cases involving:
- Dissolution of family partnerships and family corporations
- Trust and estate disputes, wills and will caveats
- Judge and jury trials involving divorce, annulment, property division, child custody, child support, child visitation, alimony enforcement of prenuptial agreements, modifications of custody, alimony, paternity, surrogate and in vitro cases
- As a Juvenile Court judge for four years, Judge Watson presided over hundreds of family law cases involving:
- Delinquency, truancy, and minors charged with felonies
- Physical, sexual and emotional abuses of minors and young adults
- Custody issues, removal or granting of custody, termination of parental rights, grandparent custody and grandparent visitation
- As a Superior Court Judge for eight years, Judge Watson presided over hundreds of divorce and child custody cases covering areas such as:
- Property valuation and allocation in divorces, alimony, annulment, termination of parental rights, visitation, and custody awards
- Family trust and estate disputes, will caveats, involuntary commitment, and family protective order
- Paternity cases involving DNA and prior to DNA, incest, rape, sexual abuse and physical abuse
- As a mediator and arbitrator at JAMS for 11 years, Judge Watson has heard family law cases involving:
- Complex divorce cases with large assets
- Large family disputes with assets of a multimillion dollar corporation disputed between the families
- Disputes over estates and will caveats
- Commercial business valuation related to a family dispute