Judge Wayne has mediated, arbitrated, and served as trial judge in numerous cases involving employment law. She has conducted an investigation of allegations of sexual harassment by highly placed executives at a publicly traded company, and has mediated many highly sensitive employment cases involving public figures, public companies, and high-level executives.
Her experience has included a wide range of issues, including wrongful termination, age, gender, racial discrimination, sexual harassment, hostile work environment, retaliation for whistle blowing, and discriminatory failure to promote.
Employers have included major publicly traded corporations, as well as other companies in the entertainment, broadcasting, law firm, education, manufacturing, high technology, non-profit, and public sectors.
Judge Wayne listens empathetically to both sides, develops a trust with all parties involved, brings opposing parties to consensus, and focuses on the key issues, as well as being sensitive to the emotional issues frequently involved in such disputes. Judge Wayne leverages her background in racial discrimination as a former attorney in the Civil Rights Division of the Department of Justice, to facilitate resolution. She is the author of Employment Litigation (published by Bancroft Whitney), and has written a number of articles on employment law.
- Heard several class action matters involving 1000+ aggrieved employees alleging failure to provide timely meal and rest periods, failure to pay overtime compensation and other Labor Code/Statutory Law violations
- Failure to promote based on racial discrimination brought by African-American executives within the entertainment industry
- Failure to promote based on sexual discrimination of a senior-level employee with a major defense contractor
- Gender-biased failure to promote and wrongful terminations within the healthcare industry
- Hostile work environment created by sexual advances to domestic employees
- Junior-level racial discrimination claim with a public utility
- Multiple plaintiff case with claims of inappropriate remarks and sexual overtures by a high-level executive
- Numerous racial and sexual discrimination cases involving major publicly traded corporations
- Racial discrimination claims involving all levels of law enforcement personnel in a municipality
- Retaliation for whistle blowing on defective parts for an airplane manufacturer
- Same-sex harassment
- Sexual harassment, including unwelcome physical contact on female subordinates and clients by partners of law firms
- Wrongful termination based on gender discrimination at a national non-profit organization
- Wrongful termination with racial and sexual discrimination issues such as offensive materials and pornography, at major film studios