Judge West is renowned for his ability to work closely with multiple parties to resolve even the most complex disputes involving oil and gas, electricity and alternative energy generation issues.
During his 10 years as a judge with the Los Angeles County Superior Court’s complex litigation department, he presided over numerous energy-related matters, many of them involving multiple litigants, jurisdictions and regulatory bodies. His experience handling these cases has carried over into his practice as a full-time mediator, arbitrator and special master.
Judge West is highly regarded for his hands-on case management, use of technology and knowledge of the law. As a result, he is able to resolve disputes fairly and efficiently.
- Arbitration involving dispute over manufacturing of wind energy turbines
- Arbitrator in partnership dispute regarding allocation of charges among partners associated with operation of major electric generation plant
- Contract claims arising from sale of electricity generation plant that allegedly caused soil and groundwater contamination. Matter involved dispute over remediation costs.
- Dispute over contract retention under energy services contract between division of global leading energy company and community college district involving solar energy project installation
- Environmental insurance coverage involving major oil company over losses at more than 3,000 sites nationwide over period of more than 40 years during which more than 75 insurance companies issued primary and excess coverage
- Mediated contract dispute relating to the generation and transmission of energy contemplated upon installation of wind farm
- Mediated contract claims relating to electrical service interruptions at large petro-chemical plant caused by internal and external conditions/events
- Mediated dispute between public redevelopment agency and oil company over MTBE contamination from alleged gasoline leaks at non-party service stations
- Mediator for dispute over sale and distribution of contaminated gasoline
- Subrogation case between insurance company and energy corporation