Hon. Rebecca Westerfield (Ret.) has been a full time neutral with JAMS since 1992, and has settled and arbitrated over 2,500 cases throughout the United States as well as internationally. Judge Westerfield is particularly adept at navigating through cross-cultural dynamics in order to efficiently reach the optimal resolution for all parties.
- Arbitrated multiple matters involving ICDR and JAMS International Arbitration Rules
- Mediated disputes among Middle Eastern rival religious sects over real property held in the U.S.
- Mediated or arbitrated disputes regarding buy-sell agreements of businesses in Russia and India
- Mediated disputes between manufacturers in Hong Kong, Thailand and India and distributors in U.S.
- Mediated claims by American manufacturers involving suppliers from India
- Mediated numerous personal injury cases involving residents outside the U.S.
- Frequently mediating cases involving British and European continental based insurance companies
- Successfully mediated an international breach of contract dispute involving a Turkish company and Turkish law. The case also involved issues due to the fact that a component of the product was produced in India and banking was done in Thailand.
- Mediated an international breach of contract case involving Dubai bankruptcy law and the New York Convention on the Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards
- Handled a dispute between American developers and a Caribbean sovereignty over the development of housing and a high-end resort
- Successfully resolved a dispute related to a joint venture between a German manufacturing company and closely held US corporation over product development
- Mediated multiple contract disputes with various European manufacturers
- Mediate a case with claims related to Central American energy sources
- Successfully resolved tort claims arising out of purported use of pharmaceuticals manufactured in Japan
- Mediated complex business dispute involving a dissolution of an Asian partnership with multi million dollar real estate holdings in both the US and India
- Mediated employment dispute involving US immigrant from Eastern Europe who allegedly harassed employees. Case involved sensitive cross-cultural issues
- Successfully resolved numerous employment matters with companies based in Europe and Asia