Judge Westmoreland is very highly regarded for his settlement skills in all aspects of the law, especially domestic relations matters. His extensive experience, patience persistence, fairness, and calm demeanor have built him a solid reputation for resolving even the most complex, sensitive and emotional issues.
The judge served for over six years in the Superior Court of Fulton County Family Court Division and was instrumental in helping to create the Business Court Division of the Superior Court of Fulton County in 2005. He was their first full-time judge as well as a senior judge since 2011.
In additional to his years on the bench and in private practice Judge Westmoreland conducted hundreds of Judicially Hosted Settlement Conferences in the Superior Court. He will expand his resolution skills to mediation, arbitration and Neutral Analysis case evaluation at JAMS.
- Creation and modifications of custody plans to present to court, custody and visitation where one or both parents have alcohol, drug, or mental health concerns, removal of child from state, custody and care of children with special needs, grandparent custody and visitation
- Date of separation issues, location of college expenses, determination of where a minor child attends school
- Neutral evaluation for divorcing parties on a variety of related issues
- Negotiation and Enforcement of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
- Stock option division (restricted, unrestricted, vested, unvested)
- Same-sex separations (unmarried, married and civil union)
- Dissolution of family partnerships and family corporations, distribution of assets and debt, tax issues in divorce
- Grounds where one party objected to divorce for religious reasons
- Paternity cases involving DNA, surrogate/in vitro cases
- Physical, sexual, and emotional abuses of minors and young adults
- Termination of parental rights
- Trust and estate disputes; wills, property division