The Construction ADR Summit: 2015 Forum on Construction Law Fall Meeting
Presented by the American Bar Association
Spotlight on JAMS Speakers:
- John Hinchey, Esq. | Demystifying International Arbitration
October 8, 2015 | 11:00 AM-12 NOON
Workshop B. To many construction lawyers, international arbitration is quite foreign, even though it has become increasingly common due to the growing global marketplace. This session will focus on some of the distinctive aspects of international arbitration, as well as some lessons learned that can be applied to domestic dispute resolution.
- Hon. Nancy Holtz (Ret.) | The Business of Becoming an ADR Neutral
October 9, 2015 | 9:45-10:45 AM
Workshop F. Many seasoned lawyers decide to become ADR neutrals, but no one teaches you how make it work. This session explores topics such as:
- the value of ADR training and industry certifications;
- balancing an ADR career with an active law practice;
- discussing your transition to ADR with your law partners;
- weighing the pros and cons of associating with a larger law firm or ADR group;
- marketing, advertising and networking in an effective manner to generate business;
- overcoming the “Catch-22” of an ADR practice—How to develop a track record so as to demonstrate competence; and
- liability insurance and managing conflicts.
October 6-9, 2015
500 E 4th St.
Austin, TX 78701-3720
For the complete agenda and to register, visit the ABA website.