March 27, 2015
2nd Annual eDiscovery Institute
Sponsored By: IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
JAMS neutral Hon. Nan Nolan (Ret.) will speak on the following topics:
10:45 a.m.–12:00 p.m. | Judicial Perspectives on eDiscovery
This panel will provide insight into the perspectives of the judiciary on the eDiscovery process. Topics include:
- The 7th Circuit Electronic Discovery Pilot Program, which signals the judiciary’s interest in finding practical ways to change the adversarial assumptions litigators bring to the discovery process
- The Federal Rules of Civil Procedure’s approved proposed amendments, which are expected to have significant impact on eDiscovery when they go into effect in December 2015
- The state of Illinois’ new eDiscovery rules relating to the discovery of electronically stored information
2:45 p.m.–4:00 p.m. | Mock Hearing and Panel Discussion: Applying Proportionality to the Process of eDiscovery
- Proportionality in preservation: New Rule 26(b)(1) (scope of discovery)
- Spoliation–the New Rule 37(e): How will more uniform standards for imposition of sanctions as a result of ESI destruction operate?
Download the conference brochure.
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law
565 West Adams Street
Chicago, IL 60661
To register, please visit the
IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law registration page.