Advanced Mediation Techniques
Sponsored by: Sponsored by Center of Dispute Settlement
May 14-16, 2015
Advanced Mediation Techniques, an interactive 3-day course, focuses both on the skills of the mediator and on the skills of parties and advocates in mediation.
- Building on basic mediation training courses, this course focuses on the latter stages of the mediation process, emphasizing caucusing and closure.
- In order to permit maximum feedback and learning, participants will spend most of the class time in small groups practicing advanced mediation techniques in disputes involving civil, commercial, and employment problems, as well as multi-party international, public policy, class actions, and environmental conflicts.
- Each participant will have the opportunity to mediate a complete dispute, with feedback.
- We will focus on preparing clients to participate in various ADR processes, representing clients in ADR, analyzing complex disputes, and employing a neutral to help achieve durable agreements.
- There will be a reception for all participants on Friday evening.
Concentration is on small group practice of advanced mediation techniques in disputes involving civil, commercial, employment problems, multi-party international, public policy, and class actions.
JAMS Resolution Center
555 13th St., NW, Suite 400 West
Washington, DC 20004
For further details, please visit the Advanced Mediation Techniques event page.