International Arbitration, Derailed Cases and Workplace Disputes
JAMS and the Atlanta Bar Association are pleased to host a morning of CLE. Complimentary breakfast and lunch will be served.
Attend all three sessions or your choice of individual sessions!
Contemporary Issues in International Arbitration
8:30 - 9:45 a.m. (1 CLE/1 Trial Practice/1 Professionalism)
Panelists will explore trends and challenges in resolving international commercial disputes:
- Why Businesses Use Arbitration for Cross-Border Disputes and How They Draft Arbitration Agreements – Glenn Hendrix, Arnall Golden Gregory LLP
- Perspectives of In-House Counsel – Tony Walsh, GE Energy
- Is International Arbitration Different from U.S. Domestic Arbitration? – Brian White, King & Spalding LLP
- Fast Tracking and Other Time and Cost Saving Measures – John Hinchey, JAMS
- Moderator: Joan Grafstein, JAMS
Recommended Approaches for Getting Derailed Cases Back on Track
10:00 - 11:15 a.m. (1 CLE/1 Professionalism)
Panelists will explore techniques for resolving legal disputes in a timely and cost-efficient fashion, identifying top reasons cases become derailed, and providing strategies for addressing these challenges.
- Moderator: Hon. Brenda H. Cole (Retired), JAMS
- V. Robert Denham, Jr., Robins, Kaplan, Miller & Ciresi LLP
- Hon. Norman S. Fletcher (Retired), JAMS
- Hon. Jonathan C. Peters (Former), JAMS
- Lynn Roberson, Swift Currie McGhee & Hiers, LLP
Resolving Workplace Disputes: Why Mediation Work
11:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. (1 CLE/1 Trial Practice/1 Professionalism)
Panelists will discover recommended approaches for resolving employment law disputes.
- Moderator: Terrence Lee Croft, JAMS
- Matt Billips, Billips & Benjamin, LLP
- Patricia Griffith, Ford & Harrison, LLP
- F. Carlton King, Jr., JAMS
- Rick Warren, Ford & Harrison, LLP
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
JAMS Atlanta Resolution Center
1201 W. Peachtree St., NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
For more information or to register, visit
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events and webinars bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry-leading speakers and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized, in-person, virtual and hybrid dispute resolution services through a combination of first class client service, the latest technology, top-notch facilities, and highly trained mediators and arbitrators. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook as well as our JAMS ADR blog.