Presented by the US District Court, Northern District of California
Spotlight on JAMS Speaker: Hon. Randall J. Newsome (Ret.)
Saturday, April 13, 2013 | 3:30 - 4:30 p.m.
The decade of the 2000s saw the demise of many law firms once thought to be eternal paragons of the practice of law. From Graham & James and Brobeck in the early part of the decade, to Heller and Thelen in the latter part (with Howrey’s bankruptcy venued here as well), the Northern District has been particularly touched by the phenomenon. This panel will discuss the continuing challenges these law firm failures pose not only to the lawyers at those firms but—particularly in light of the new jurisdictional rulings of the Supreme Court in Stern v. Marshall and the Ninth Circuit in Bellingham—to both the federal district and bankruptcy courts.
- Honorable Randall J. Newsome, Former United States Bankruptcy Judge - Moderator
- Professor Bernard Burk, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Cecily Dumas, Dumas & Clark LLP
- Jonathan Hughes, Arnold & Porter LLP
- Lynn Schoenmann, Northern District Chapter 7 Trustee
- Christopher Sullivan, Greenfield Sullivan Draa and Harrington LLP
April 13, 2013
Silverado Resort and Spa
1600 Atlas Peak Rd.
Napa, CA 94588
For more information or to register, click here.