Discovery in Arbitration: How to Avoid an Accident
Learn the rules of the road from the perspective of an arbitrator,
an advocate and a technology professional
JAMS is proud to partner with Miami-Dade FAWL and U.S. Legal Support to present a panel discussion on the application and use of discovery in arbitration proceedings entitled “Discovery in Arbitration: How to Avoid an Accident.” Attendees will learn tools of the trade from the perspective of the arbitrator, the advocate, and the technology professional.
This 1.5 hour program will present:
- Background on discovery in arbitration, including applicable state and federal rules, and procedures for managing discovery throughout the arbitration;
- What to seek in arbitration discovery and standards for use; and
- Challenges of managing and presenting discovery, including how to handle volume, limit costs and agree on protocols.
A question and answer session will follow the presentation.
- Ardith Bronson, Esq. – DLA Piper LLP (US), Moderator
- Kristin Drecktrah, Esq. – Gomm & Smith, Co-Moderator
- Joseph P. Farina – Retired Chief Judge 11th Judicial Circuit, JAMS
- Laura Reich, Esq. – Counsel and Head of Litigation at Tenzer PLLC
- Trent Walton – Chief Technology Officer, U.S. Legal Support
Please join us for this complimentary event.
CLE credit will be provided (pending approval).
Thursday, June 4, 2015
8:00 – 10:00 AM
JAMS Miami Resolution Center
600 Brickell Avenue, Suite 2600
Miami, Florida 33131
Continental breakfast and refreshments
will be served at 8:00 AM.
Program to start promptly at 8:30 AM.
Self-parking in the building will be validated.
- Business Commercial
- Class Action and Mass Tort
- Health Care
- Higher Education & Title IX
- Personal Injury Torts
- Professional Liability
- Real Property
- Special Master Discovery Referee