Cocktails & Conversations: Hot Topics in Global Energy and Construction Projects (Hybrid Event) Presented by JAMS and the International Dispute Resolution Centre
In-Person & Virtual Registration Options:
JAMS presents a multi-part, hybrid webinar series of “Cocktails and Conversations”
New Perspectives, New Opportunities: Emerging Themes in Dispute Resolution
The Energy and Construction industries are generally recognized for being at the forefront of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), often applying a varied and flexible range of ADR mechanisms to prevent, manage and resolve complex disputes efficiently and cost-effectively. As we look beyond the COVID-19 pandemic, how will uncertainty surround the “new normal” affect handling of construction and energy project claims? How can business and legal leaders build and implement resilient mechanisms that will withstand future socio-economic changes, in addition to natural changes in the industries? This panel of global energy and construction experts will discuss hot topics for dispute resolution in the energy and construction industries today and in the post-pandemic world, including:
- What are the lessons learned from the past 18 months that can guide construction and energy dispute professionals going forward?
- How can delay and disruption disputes best be handled?
- What dispute management and resolution methods are most appropriate for different scenarios?
- What future impact did they see arising out of the May 2021 Hague District Court decision in the Royal Dutch Shell plc matter and activist shareholders?
- Laura Abrahamson, International Arbitrator and Mediator, JAMS
- Joe Tirado, International Arbitrator and Mediator, JAMS
- Roberta Downey, Global Chair, Construction and Engineering Practice, Hogan Lovells – London
- Navneet Juty, Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, AECOM – London
1 Paternoster Lane, St. Paul’s
London EC4M 7BQ, UK
10:30 am PT / 1:30 pm ET / 6:30 pm BST
(Doors open at 6:00 pm London time)
Virtual Platform: Zoom
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events and webinars bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry-leading speakers and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized, in-person, virtual and hybrid dispute resolution services through a combination of first class client service, the latest technology, top-notch facilities, and highly trained mediators and arbitrators. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook as well as our JAMS ADR blog.