How to Select the Right Arbitrator: Tips from the Experts Presented by Loyola Law School and JAMS
Program Recording: LINK
Program Materials: LINK
Join JAMS neutral, Hiro N. Aragaki, Esq., FCIArb, and JAMS San Francisco General Manager, Serena Lee, for the upcoming JAMS/Loyola webinar on selecting the right arbitrator.
Selecting the arbitrator is the most important step in an arbitration, and attorneys often miss or do not know of opportunities to identify the right arbitrator. During this program, attendees will hear experienced practitioners address issues such as:
- Evaluating disclosures
- How to find a "managerial" arbitrator
- How to read an arbitrator's resume
- Criteria to look for (subject matter or procedural expertise, judicial or advocacy experience, diversity, etc.)
- Alternatives to the rank-and-strike procedure
- Interviewing arbitrator candidates
- Reviewing arbitrator work product
- Selecting tribunal chairs
- Moderator: Hiro N. Aragaki | Professor, Loyola Law School; Arbitrator & Mediator, JAMS, Los Angeles
- William Fitzgerald | Arbitrator Consultant/Former Commercial Arbitrator, Los Angeles
- Serena Lee | General Manager, JAMS, San Francisco
- Sarah Reynolds | Managing Partner, Goldman Ismail Tomaselli Brennan & Baum LLP, Chicago
- Les Schiefelbein | Founder and CEO, Schiefelbein Global Dispute Resolution, Silicon Valley
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events and webinars bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry-leading speakers and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized, in-person, virtual and hybrid dispute resolution services through a combination of first class client service, the latest technology, top-notch facilities, and highly trained mediators and arbitrators. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook as well as our JAMS ADR blog.