December 17, 2013
Presented by: Contract Solutions
Spotlight on JAMS Presenters: M. Wayne Blair, Esq. and Lawrence R. Mills, Esq.
December 17, 2013 | 12:00- 1:30 PM
Topic: Improving Arbitration Practices and Results
Arbitration is a private alternative to court litigation that can provide prompt, economical, fair, and binding resolution of disputes by knowledgeable arbitrators. Yet the considerable advantages and flexibility of arbitration are not realized because of the failure of counsel to take full advantage of the strategies and techniques available in the arbitration process. Two experienced JAMS arbitrators share their thoughts on the best practices in arbitration to achieve favorable results.
In this program you will learn:
- Strategies for drafting arbitration clauses and pleadings in arbitration
- Use of the preliminary conference call to set the stage for efficient arbitration proceedings
- Controlling the costs of the discovery in arbitration, including guidance on production of electronically stored information
- Assessing the efficacy of motion practice
- How to present your case in arbitration efficiiently, effectively, and professionally