Presented by ALM
Spotlight on JAMS speaker: Gordon Kaiser, Esq.
Topic: International and Cross Border Energy Contacts: New Challenges
February 27, 2013 | 4:30 p.m.
Canada is becoming an increasingly attractive destination for international business activities given its stable political and financial environment; concurrently, business leaders across this country are looking to global markets for growth opportunities. As the number of cross-border, international and multi-jurisdictional deals grows, so too does the need for transaction specialists and corporate in-house counsel to stay abreast of legal, regulatory and policy developments and related business strategies.
Gordon Kaiser serves as co-chair of this conference. Highlights include:
- Laying the groundwork for the deal
- Pre-transaction and early stage agreements
- Issue prioritization and valuation
- What if the deal dies?
- Drafting tips and strategies
- Hostile versus negotiated cross-border M&A transactions
- Assessing regulatory risk – key considerations
February 27-28, 2013
St. Andrew's Club and Conference Centre
150 King St. West
For more information or to register, visit