Mediation for the Professional, Presented by the Center for Dispute Settlement
Mediation for the Professional provides an intensive grounding in the techniques of mediation as participants immerse themselves in conflict simulations, many patterned after actual disputes. The 4-day course includes:
- Lectures and live demonstrations of mediation techniques;
- Small group simulations designed to provide experience in mediating a wide range of dispute types, including corporate, employment, contract, interpersonal, and public policy issues;
- Individual critiques and feedback;
- One evening of three simulations from start to finish, in groups of three;
- A discussion of ethical dilemmas facing mediators;
- A discussion of how to gain experience in mediating actual cases;
- Linda R. Singer’s award-winning book, Settling Disputes: Conflict Resolution in Business, Families, and the Legal System;
- A training manual, which details each step of the mediation process;
- Continental breakfasts and snacks. Light supper served on Wednesday evening.
This is the basic mediation training course for attorneys, managers, human resources, and other professionals interested in learning or further developing their mediation skills.
November 13-16, 2013
Wednesday 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Friday 9:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
JAMS Resolution Center
555 13th St., NW, Suite 400 West
Washington, DC 20004
Tuition: $1095 if registered before early-bird deadline; $1195 thereafter
Center for Dispute Settlement
1666 Connecticut Avenue NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20009
Phone (202) 265-9572 Ext. 1320
Fax (202) 332-3951
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry leading speakers, and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves and manages business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways to overcome barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized dispute resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and our JAMS ADR blog.