Proving and Valuing Damages in Employment Cases
Presented by MCLE New England
Spotlight on JAMS Speaker: Maria C. Walsh, Esq.
February 28, 2013 | 1:00 - 5:00 p.m. EST
This program provides strategic, practical tips on how to prove and defend against back and front pay awards, emotional distress damages, mitigation issues, and punitive damage awards. Based on extensive first-hand observation, the neutrals share tips on how to effectively integrate damage issues into opening remarks and closing statements.
- How to Value a New Case and Identify Claims that Have Potential for High Awards/Exposure
- Whether and How to Effectively Use Financial or Medical Experts at Trial, at the MCAD, or in Mediation
- Whether and When Spousal Testimony Is an Effective Way to Prove Emotional Distress Injury and What Are Other Effective Strategies for Proving Emotional Distress?
- What Damages Are Available in Collective and Class Actions?
- Managing Client Expectations Concerning Damages
- How to Deal with an ‘Eggshell’ Plaintiff and the Admissibility of Plaintiff’s Psychiatric History
- Should Unemployment Benefit Payments Be a Set Off to a Damages Award?
- Tips for Filing and Opposing an Attorneys’ Fee Petition
February 28, 2013
MCLE Conference Center
10 Winter Pl.
Boston, MA 02108
For more information or to register, visit
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events and webinars bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry-leading speakers and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves and manages business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways to overcome barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized dispute resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook as well as our JAMS ADR blog.