Available to conduct virtual/remote arbitrations on a variety of online platforms, including Zoom.
Hon. Gary L. Taylor (Ret.) served with distinction for nearly 20 years on both the state and federal judiciaries where he presided over many high-profile cases. He enjoys a reputation as an exceptional jurist known for his integrity, patience, intellect, and ability to readily grasp complex issues. Counsel have described Judge Taylor as a fair and ethical neutral who issues rulings that have a sound basis in law.
- Resolved complex business-related disputes involving wide variety of facts and legal issues, including matters involving trade secrets, asset purchase agreements, earn-out provisions, real estate developments, mergers, insurance coverage issues, privacy concerns, marketing rights, fraud, and breach of contract claims, among others
- Class Action
- Experience resolving class actions involving various industries and practice areas
- Judge Taylor has extensive experience resolving workplace-related disputes, including claims for breach of employment agreements, discrimination, wrongful termination, Fair Labor Standards Act violations, whistleblower issues, and individual and multi-party wage and hour violations
- Overseen as neutral and trial judge numerous disputes involving financing and distribution, profit participation, compensation, copyright, right of publicity, and fair use issues, among others
- For a comprehensive overview of Judge Taylor’s entertainment and sports practice, please visit his specialty biography
- Health Care
- Multi-million-dollar claims between healthcare providers
- Multi-million-dollar claims by pharmacies’ medication provider against government healthcare contractor
- Intellectual Property
- Experience resolving a wide variety of IP disputes, including patent, trademark, right of publicity, trade secret, unfair competition and copyright claims
- Indemnity rights under stock purchase agreement for illegal business practices by nationwide consumer-relations firm
- Multi-million-dollar dispute between large hedge funds over claimed fiduciary duty breach and opportunities diversion
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- Named as one of the “500 Leading Judges in America,” by Lawdragon Magazine, 2005
- Alumni of the Year Award for public and community service, UCLA Law School, 1999
- Franklin G. West Award for lifetime achievement, Orange County Bar Association, 1998
- Board of Directors/Judicial Council, Constitutional Rights Foundation, Orange, County, 1990-2003
- Board of Governors, Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Orange County, 1998-2002
- Member, State Bar of California, Orange County Bar Association
- Frequent author and speaker for continuing legal education, bar, and professional organizations
- Received detailed training in CLE workshop "Net Profits and New Media: The Future of Entertainment Litigation"
- "Renowned Ref: Neutral Gary Taylor handles arbitrations and mediations across Southern California," ADR Profile, Daily Journal, December 11, 2015.
- Judge, U.S. District Court, Central District of California, 1990-2005
- Judge, Orange County Superior Court, 1986-1990
- Business Litigation Partner, Wenke, Taylor, Evans & Ikola, Orange County, 1966-1986
- Captain, U.S. Army, Judge Advocate General’s Corps, 1964-1966
- J.D., UCLA Law School, 1963
- A.B., University of California Los Angeles (UCLA), 1960
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More