Unrepresented Party Informational Notice
Parties that intend to proceed in an alternative dispute process without representation of counsel, should understand the following:
- JAMS is a private organization that is not affiliated with the individuals, companies, or law firms involved with this dispute.
- Neither JAMS nor JAMS Neutrals have a financial interest of the outcome of any matter at JAMS.
- JAMS is an administrator and, as such, provides services such as calendar management, billing management, and arbitration administration and other case management.
- Neither JAMS nor JAMS Neutrals provide legal advice or assistance to the parties in how they should present their case.
- JAMS or JAMS Neutrals do not represent any parties in any matter at JAMS. There is no lawyer/client relationship formed in any respect with JAMS or JAMS Neutrals.
- JAMS and JAMS Neutrals facilitate a neutral process to help resolve the parties’ dispute(s).
- If you require legal advice, please contact your local Bar Association for a recommendation.
Any questions pertaining to this information should be addressed to the selected Neutral, your Case Manager or other JAMS representative. You can reach a JAMS representative by dialing 800-352-5276.