ABA's Eighth Annual Arbitration Training Institute
Presented by: ABA Section of Dispute Resolution
June 6-7, 2014
Spotlight on Conference Faculty from JAMS:
|Lorraine M. Brennan, Esq.||Philip L. Bruner, Esq.||Richard Chernick, Esq.|
|Zela "Zee" G. Claiborne, Esq.||John W. Hinchey, Esq.||Gina Miller|
Let the panel of experts walk you through the arbitration process from start to finish. This limited capacity training will provide you with a unique learning environment and industry contacts you will sustain throughout your career.
- Overview -- Sources of Arbitral Authority and Administered Programs
- The Role of the Arbitrator and the Disclosure Requirement
- Economical and Efficient Arbitration
- Recent Developments in International Arbitration - Lunch
- Managing Discovery
- Managing the Parties and Their Lawyers
- Preparing for the Hearing
- Hearing and Managing the Evidence
- An Approach to Award Writing
- Award Essentials and Formats
- Developing a Personal Career Plan - Lunch
- Award Writing Practicum
- Interim Awards and Partial Final Awards
- Post-Award Process
Who Should Attend?
- Those planning a career move to arbitration
- Litigators wanting to better utilize arbitration and gain insights into how arbitrators approach their task
- Experienced arbitrators wanting to better understand recent developments and trends in arbitration
- In-house counsel, including those who manage disputes, interested in learning the nuts and bolts of arbitration
Why Should You Attend?
- Access new ideas in arbitration
- Acquire innovative strategies to build and market your practice
- Advance your own skills, knowledge and practice techniques
- Discuss current trends and practices
Connect with nationally recognized arbitration experts and develop new business contacts Enhance your credibility as a thought leader in the industry
Enhance your credibility as a thought leader in the industry
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry leading speakers, and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves and manages business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways to overcome barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized dispute resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and our JAMS ADR blog.