Avoiding Pitfalls When Mediating & Arbitrating Family Law Matters
Sponsored by: King County Bar Association
Spotlight on JAMS Speakers: Hon. Paula Casey (Ret.) and Hon. Eric B. Watness (Ret.)
December 17, 2013 | 9:00- 10:30 AM
Topic: Avoiding Pitfalls When Mediating & Arbitrating Family Law Matters
- Learn how to best take advantage of resolution through private mediation and arbitration.
- Learn how to streamline the process for efficient and effective sessions.
- How to prepare clients for the mediation process.
- What documents and information is critical to have available during mediation.
- How to deal with emotional and family dynamics.
- Special considerations when children are involved.
- How to get past impasse.
- Planning for closure and a durable final agreement.
- Pros and cons of various formats for presenting family law matters to an arbitrator.
- How to present your issues and organize your documents to assist the arbitrator.
RELATED RESOLUTION CENTERS
King County Bar Association Conference Room
1200 Fifth Avenue Suite 600
VIEW MAP »