Avoiding Pitfalls When Mediating & Arbitrating Family Law Matters
Sponsored by: King County Bar Association
Spotlight on JAMS Speakers: Hon. Paula Casey (Ret.) and Hon. Eric B. Watness (Ret.)
December 17, 2013 | 9:00- 10:30 AM
Topic: Avoiding Pitfalls When Mediating & Arbitrating Family Law Matters
- Learn how to best take advantage of resolution through private mediation and arbitration.
- Learn how to streamline the process for efficient and effective sessions.
- How to prepare clients for the mediation process.
- What documents and information is critical to have available during mediation.
- How to deal with emotional and family dynamics.
- Special considerations when children are involved.
- How to get past impasse.
- Planning for closure and a durable final agreement.
- Pros and cons of various formats for presenting family law matters to an arbitrator.
- How to present your issues and organize your documents to assist the arbitrator.
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events and webinars bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry-leading speakers and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways of overcoming barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized, in-person, virtual and hybrid dispute resolution services through a combination of first class client service, the latest technology, top-notch facilities, and highly trained mediators and arbitrators. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook as well as our JAMS ADR blog.
RELATED RESOLUTION CENTERS
King County Bar Association Conference Room
1200 Fifth Avenue Suite 600
VIEW MAP »