Hon. Christopher C. Cross (Ret.) is a JAMS DENVER neutral. JAMS Denver is a licensee office. Policies and procedures may differ between JAMS, Inc., and JAMS Denver. Please visit https://jamsdenver.com/ or contact Lisa Gaige at email@example.com or 303-534-1254 for information related to JAMS Denver.
Hon. Christopher C. Cross (Ret.) served as a county and district court judge for 18½ years in the most populous judicial district in the State of Colorado. He presided over domestic relations, civil, and criminal dockets.
Prior to his appointment, he practiced complex civil litigation, professional disciplinary administrative actions, both criminal defense and prosecution, and family law.
As noted by the Judicial Retention commission in its most recent evaluation, Judge Cross “received some of the highest ratings of any judge ... in the State,” and “Attorneys [and] litigants all have a high degree of admiration for his courteous and professional demeanor in the court room.” One appellate judge commented, “He is one of our best.” Judge Cross is known for his fairness, ability to listen, in-depth preparation, and the ability to resolve complex legal and factual issues—all with compassion and a sense of humor.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Regularly selected as the “neutral” arbitrator for complex civil cases while in private practice
- Innovated “mediation with a robe” in domestic relations court
- Selected to be on the team assembled by the Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System (IAALS) to create the standards and rules for the Civil Access Pilot Project (CAPP) in Colorado, which morphed into the new Colorado rules of civil procedure regarding discovery and better access to the courts
- National Appraiser and Umpire Association Certification course; Denver, August, 2019
- NADN Advanced Mediation Training (18 hour course); Seattle, September, 2019
- Certified mediator after attending a forty-hour mediation training at the National Judicial College in Reno, Nevada, June 2015
- Certified conflict coach after attending a two-day training course from Common Ground Mediation and Coaching, LLC, August 2015
- Complex civil matters, including personal injury, bad faith, business disputes, construction defect litigation, and discovery disputes
- Family law matters
- HOA and neighbor disputes
- Nominated for the Outstanding District Court Judge Award by the Colorado Judicial Institute, 2015
- Member of Colorado, Arapahoe County, Douglas-Elbert County Bar Associations
- CBA Board of Governors, various years 1989-2006
- ACBA Board of Directors, 1998-2007; President, 2005-2006; President-elect, 2004; Treasurer, 2003; Secretary, 2002
- ACBA Foundation Board, 2006-2008
- Judge, Colorado Eighteenth Judicial District Court, 2009-2016
- Judge, Arapahoe County Court, 1997-2009
- Judicial Education Courses, National Judicial College
- Complex civil litigation, financial and economic issues in litigation, evidence, and constitutional law
This page is for general information purposes. JAMS makes no representations or warranties regarding its accuracy or completeness. Interested persons should conduct their own research regarding information on this website before deciding to use JAMS, including investigation and research of JAMS neutrals. See More