Challenges and Best Practices in the International Arbitration of Patent Validity Disputes Presented by Silicon Valley Arbitration & Mediation Center (SVAMC) and JAMS
Join a panel of top international arbitrators and technology neutrals as they discuss patent validity issues that arise when arbitrating international patent licensing and infringement disputes. The panel will review practical issues, tips and best practices for handling patent-related arbitrations. Topics will include:
- Who decides whether the validity of a patent is arbitrable, the courts or the tribunal?
- What law applies when a court or tribunal considers whether validity is arbitrable?
- What is the effect of the new American Restatement on these issues in the U.S.?
- What are the rules in specific European and Asian jurisdictions?
- What ancillary issues arise in these cases, and what are the implications to awards determining validity or invalidity?
- What factors should the practitioner consider when deciding on the arbitral forum for patent licensing and infringement cases?
- What considerations should the practitioner take into account for award enforcement in such cases?
William Baker, Arbitrator & Mediator, Baker ADR – New York
Robert B. Davidson, FCIArb, Arbitrator & Mediator, JAMS – New York
Grant Kim, Partner, LimNexus – San Francisco
Claire Morel de Westgaver, Partner, Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner - London
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry leading speakers, and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves and manages business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways to overcome barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized dispute resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn and our JAMS ADR blog.