Class action lawsuits remain an integral and exciting part of high stakes litigation. The courts, including the Supreme Court, have taken notice. You will gain the tools and strategies you need to effectively litigate, mediate or settle these complex cases. Our outstanding faculty of plaintiffs’ and defense counsel, academics and a mediator/arbitrator will bring you up-to-date on important developments in class action litigation. You and your clients will benefit from this program whether your practice focuses on employment law, products liability, toxic tort, securities, antitrust, consumer fraud, or civil rights. The course also includes pragmatic tips on litigation strategies designed to improve your skills and your chances for success in the courtroom.
JAMS Speaker: Lester Levy
Settlement and Mediation of Class Action Litigation | 11:45am – 1:15pm
- What to include in a mediation brief
- Should you share your briefs with opposing counsel prior to mediation?
- How to pace money negotiations
- At what point do you give your final and best offer?
- How to best use a mediator’s proposal
- What does a mediator look for in a brief?
- What does a mediator see as road blocks to a successful mediation?
- Class Action/Mass Tort
- Federal Law
- Financial Markets
- Higher Education & Title IX
- Intellectual Property
- Personal Injury/Torts
- Professional Liability
- Real Property
- Settlement Master/Ombudsman