In recent years, we have seen a dramatic rise in Employment Law disputes, exacerbated recently by the COVID-19 pandemic, #MeToo Movement, a proliferation of wage and hour claims, among other reasons. To achieve a quicker, more cost effective resolution of the matters, we have also seen a substantial increase in the number of employment-related matters being resolved through mediation, often times with courts' encouragement.
This 3-Half Day training program will instruct you on the substantive information and techniques needed to manage and resolve employment-related disputes, taught by an All-Star faculty.
The program will cover the following areas:
- Anti-discrimination Statutes (Title VII, ADEA, EPA, NYC & NYS HRL; ADA; FMLA)
- Sexual Harassment and Gender
- Participant Perspectives: Employer; Employee; Mediator
- Mediation Cross-Cultural Competency Skills
- Damages, Remedies and Relief
- Overview of Fair Labor Standards Act
- Classification of Employees
- Virtual Mediation: Key Issues and Considerations
- Damages Calculations
- The Low Wage Worker Experience
- Practical Tips: Handling Emotions at the Mediation
- Mediation Agreements and Concluding the Case
- Tips on Mediating Wage and Hour Cases
- Tips on Impasse-Breaking in Employment and Wage & Hour Mediation
- Ethical Issues Arising in Employment and Wage & Hour Mediation
Featured JAMS Speakers
Vivien B. Shelanski, Esq.
Stephen P. Sonnenberg, Esq.
- Class Action/Mass Tort
- Intellectual Property
- Real Property
- Business & Commercial
- Employment Law
- Federal Law
- Health Care
- Higher Education & Title IX