Wage & Hour Litigation and Compliance 2021 Presented by Practising Legal Institute (PLI)
Attorneys will obtain skills credit for learning how to calculate damages in a wage and hour case, and also will hear from experienced practitioners about strategies to secure or to defeat class and collective action litigation claims. Finally, test your understanding of which Rules of Professional Conduct may be implicated in wage and hour claims, and earn ethics credit while doing so.
Attendees will learn:
- The latest updates in wage and hour case law
- The impact of the 2020 election on the U.S. Department of Labor’s regulations, guidance and policies, and what experts are expecting in the future
- How the COVID-19 pandemic has affected wage and hour compliance, and the most common challenges posed by the reconfigured work arrangements
- Critical strategies to secure or to defeat class and collective actions in litigation claims
- Understanding wage and hour damages, and the strategies for either limiting or maximizing damages
- The ethical boundaries in addressing wage and hour claims, both before and during litigation
Featured JAMS Speaker:Hon. James "Jay" C. Francis IV (Ret.)
JAMS Events and Webinars
JAMS events and webinars bring you timely topics in alternative dispute resolution (ADR), industry-leading speakers and stellar networking opportunities. Explore our full list of upcoming events and webinars.
About JAMS – Local Solutions. Global Reach.TM
Founded in 1979, JAMS is the largest private provider of alternative dispute resolution services worldwide. JAMS successfully resolves and manages business and legal disputes by providing efficient, cost-effective and impartial ways to overcome barriers at any stage of conflict. JAMS offers customized dispute resolution services locally and globally through a combination of industry-specific experience, first-class client service, top-notch facilities and highly trained panelists. More information about JAMS is available on our About Us page, and you can connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook as well as our JAMS ADR blog.
7.5 New York CLE Credits Available (1 Ethics & Professionalism, 1 Skills, 5.5 Professional Practice) CLE credits for most jurisdictions are available.