A panel of legal and medical experts will discuss the impact of mental disabilities on the prosecution, defense and disposition of cases as well as how the federal courts can be more responsive. Topics will include:
- A Global Perspective on Mental Disabilities, Forensic Evaluations and the Courts
- Mental Disabilities, Forensic Evaluations and the Courts: Trends in the U.S.
- Trends in the Prosecution of People with Mental Disabilities in the U.S.
- Mental Disabilities and the Federal Courts: A Returning Citizen's Perspective
- Jeffrey D. Grant | Private General Counsel, GrantLaw, PLLC
- Dr. Joette James | Chief Inpatient/Outpatient Neuropsychologist, HSC Pediatric Center; Forensic Psychologist, Private Practice; Assistant Professor, George Washington University Dept. of Pediatrics and Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Miriam Krinsky | Executive Director, Fair and Just Prosecutions
- Dr. George Woods | President, International Academy of Law & Mental Health