The importance of considering different dispute resolution options in resolving high-stakes intellectual property disputes is often overlooked. This two-hour CLE program, featuring experienced speakers from government, international organizations, academia, and industry, will offer an honest and practical discussion of related topics, including:
- Expert evidence and IP specialist mediators.
- International IP organizations and government IP offices as drivers of dispute resolution innovators.
- Standard essential patents: Dispute resolution models and unintended consequences.
- Views from the trenches and command posts: Dos and don'ts.
- Recent cases and other developments.
Program Schedule (Central Time)
7:20 a.m. | Virtual Room Opens
7:40 a.m. | Welcome
7:40 a.m. | Welcome
- Rena Lee, Chief Executive, IP Office of Singapore
- Gary Friedlander, Advisory Board Member, Center for IP, Information & Privacy Law, UIC School of Law
- Heike Wollgast, Head, IP Disputes Section, WIPO Arbitration & Mediation Center
8:00 - 10:00 a.m. | Panel Discussion
Moderator/Panelist: Daryl Lim, H. Laddie Montague Jr. Chair in Law; Associate Dean for Research and Innovation; Director, Intellectual Property Law and Innovation Initiative, Dickinson Law, The Pennsylvania State University
- Dr. Ryan Abbott, Mediator, Arbitrator, and Special Master, JAMS; Professor of Law and Health Sciences, University of Surrey School of Law; Adjunct Assistant Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA
- Dr. Qiyao Dong, Associate Legal Officer and Representative, IP Disputes Section, WIPO Arbitration & Mediation Center
- Zhiyong Fan, Vice President and Head of IP, Huawei Technologies
- Dr. Stanley Lai, Chairman, IP Office of Singapore; Head, IP Practice and Co-Head, Cybersecurity & Data Protection Practice, Allen & Gledhill LLP
- Dr. Barbara Lauriat, Senior Lecturer, King’s College London; Visiting Associate Professor & Frank H. Marks IP Fellow, The George Washington University Law School
- William McGrath, Member, Davis McGrath LLC; Mediator, Lanham Act Mediation Program; Advisory Board Member, Center for IP, Information, & Privacy Law, University of Illinois Chicago School of Law
- Joyce A. Tan, Managing Director, Joyce A Tan & Partners
10:00 a.m. | Closing Remarks & Virtual Reception
CLE credit pending.
- Business & Commercial
- Education Law
- Employment Law
- Health Care
- Higher Education & Title IX
- Intellectual Property
- International & Cross-Border
- Life Sciences
- Personal Injury/Torts
- Professional Liability