JAMS is proud to sponsor the joint February meeting of the HNBA’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Section and the Special Committee on Latin American Affairs. This program which is offered both in-person and online will bring together a panel of legal professionals to debate the proper balance between investor protection and state regulation in investor state arbitration. The program will be hosted by Section Co-Chair Hon. Ariel E. Belen (Ret.) and Committee Chair Michael Fernandez.
Chatham House Rules apply.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Reasons why international laws should protect investors.
- Why state regulation should be limited.
- What limiting principle should restrict state regulation at international law?
- Dr. Kabir Duggal, Introductory Speaker, Senior International Arbitration Advisor, Arnold and Porter
- Maria Camila Rincón, Georgetown Law
- Jesús Saracho, "la Caixa" Foundation Fellow, Columbia Law School
Martin Vainstein, International Lawyer, Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton LLP
- Irene Whelan Vita, CAD Co-Chair, Columbia International Arbitration Association
New York City Bar's Inter-American Affairs Committee
Inter-American Bar Association, NY Chapter
Columbia International Arbitration Association
* * * You must present valid ID and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination to enter JAMS New York Resolution Center. * * *
- Administrative Law
- Entertainment and Sports
- Family Law
- Governmental Public Agency
- Health Care
- International & Cross-Border
- Personal Injury/Torts
- Professional Liability
- Real Property
- Special Master/Discovery Referee