Ross W. Feinberg Esq. has served as a full time mediator and special master since 2007. A highly respected and sought after neutral, he has been the recipient of numerous awards from all sides of the bar. Critical to his work, Mr. Feinberg is equally respected by all sides. Mr. Feinberg, known originally for solving and settling complex construction defect matters also actively mediates cases involving business/commercial, personal injury/torts, class actions, entertainment and sports, school district claims, construction accidents and delay, and commercial, residential real estate litigation and community association disputes.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
After spending 22 years mediating complex multi-party cases, Mr. Feinberg joined JAMS in 2007. He is recognized by the Daily Journal as a top neutral and the recipient of the prestigious Jerrold S. Oliver Award of Excellence in 2003.
An AV rated lawyer, author and speaker, Mr. Feinberg has been the chair and/or a speaker of well over 100 national seminars from personal injury and mold claims to construction defect litigation and numerous facets of real estate brokerage and common interest development law.
Mr. Feinberg has successfully mediated over 2,000 cases both as counsel and as a mediator. For 33 years, Mr. Feinberg has been widely recognized for his ability to initiate open communication in cases with a myriad of complex situations leading to constructive results.Mr. Feinberg is admitted in the states of California, Nevada and Colorado.
- Breach of contract involving multi-million-dollar real estate purchase and sale agreement and related disclosures
- Claim of breach of contract, fraud and misrepresentation related to purchase and sale agreement
- Commercial business interruption claim stemming from construction and occupancy delays
- Fire loss cases involving business interruption, profit valuations, and governmental intervention
- Resolved Claims by athletes and celebrities concerning contractual disputes, insurance coverage and confidentiality requirements
- $21.5 million settlement of 3,000 single-family home thermogalvanic corrosion class action
- $41.8 million resolution of 5,000 home class action case involving galvanized corrosive plumbing. Settlement reached after incorporating several different lawsuits into single global mediation. Mediation included over one hundred parties, insurance carriers, and counsel worldwide.
- Mediation and resolution of complex pharmaceutical and consumer class actions
- Successful resolution of two multi project certified class action cases resulting in settlement pursuant to a pipe repair opportunity for owners of multiple homes across several large scale projects.
- Successful resolution of a $41.8 million thermo galvanic pipe claim after the parties agreed to consolidate several cases into one 5,000 home action
- In excess of 33 years of experience litigating and resolving multi-party, multi-issue litigation brought by community associations, multiple single family homeowner plaintiffs and commercial property owners.
- Construction defect litigation involving luxury single family homes
- Resolution of Dispute involving 460 condominium units in the amount of $13 Million
- Common Interest Development Law
- Representation and resolution as a mediator of complex homeowner’s association matters at all phases of litigation.
- Mediated matters involving the separation of separate area, common area and excusive use common area.
- Construction and Engineering
- Representation and resolution as a mediator of commercial and residential construction matters including construction delays, accidents, premises liability and coverage litigation.
- Settlement of Turbine Accident on a California Freeway Overpass. Worked with various agencies, builder, supplier and installer.
- Insurance Subrogation Claims
- Resolution of multiple claims by carriers as against third parties for reimbursement of expenses incurred by carrier repairing damage to insured’s property.
- Subrogation action involving fire loss
- Subrogation action, post settlement, of complex construction defect litigation
- Bad faith claims involving denial of coverage and recovery of Brandt fees
- Bad faith denial in construction defect claim and cross actions
- Multi-party mediation over personal injury and property damage from four-car vehicle collision
- Personal injury mediation between contractors and lumber retailer involving fire-related property damage
- Wrongful death mediation
- Resolution of tort and breach of contract claims against a city hospital
- Claims against physicians and hospitals based on alleged failure to monitor oxygen resulting in cerebral hypoxia
- Mediation of multiple claims against design professionals, including, but not limited to, architects, engineers, land surveyors, and landscape architects
- Mediations related to claims for attorney fees inclusive of cross complaints against counsel for breach of contract and negligence