Hon. Zerne P. Haning III (Ret.)
has heard cases involving virtually all areas of California law during his 19-year judicial career. As a former appellate Justice as well as a Superior Court Judge, Justice Haning has experience in mediation at the appellate as well as at the trial and pre-filing level. He has settled numerous cases after judgment and while the cases were pending on appeal. Justice Haning has authored a wide variety of appellate opinions that govern the application of California law today.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Business/Commercial: Corporate partnership dissolution, breach of contract, fraud, etc.
- Complex Litigation: Class actions, product liability, securities fraud, etc.
- Construction: Commercial buildings, large-scale development, and single structures
- Employment: Discrimination, harassment, and wrongful termination
- Insurance: Coverage disputes (private and public entity), bad faith
- Intellectual Property: Trade secrets, unfair competition, and computer technology
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death: Premises liability, workplace accidents, vehicular accidents, etc.
- Professional Negligence: Medical malpractice, legal malpractice, and hospital and health care facility negligence
- Real Property: Premises effects, breach of lease, landslide, purchase and sale (disclosure issues, etc.), real estate broker liability, land use, and development
- Complex medical negligence actions in the seven figure damages category
- Legal malpractice actions involving damages exceeding seven figures
- Insurance coverage disputes involving both public entities and private parties, including bad faith
- Eminent domain actions
- Breach of contract actions involving national corporations
- Commercial lease disputes
- Complex real estate development actions
- Wrongful termination and sexual harassment cases
- Malicious prosecution actions
- Public entity liability for tort, breach of contract, land use, and inverse condemnation