Hon. Harry W. Low (Ret.)
has over 35 years of dispute resolution experience as a sitting judge and JAMS neutral. Justice Low's expertise includes employment law, business litigation, sexual harassment, insurance disputes, personal injury, real or personal property disputes, and environmental law. Justice Low has 25 years of judicial experience in civil, criminal, and government law and has authored opinions on virtually every area of California law.
ADR Experience and Qualifications
- Conducted a wide variety of mediations, arbitrations, and settlement conferences since joining JAMS in 1992
- Conducted fact finding studies and written reports for institutions and agencies
- Extensive experience in handling wrongful termination, sexual harassment, breach of contract, insurance coverage issues, tort claims, and medical and legal malpractice cases
- Highly experienced in handling discovery disputes assisting lawyers in appellate matters, and mediating successfully many pending appellate cases.
- Special Master in a number of complex cases, including a major toxic pollution dispute
- Trustee for insolvent insurer
- Mediated employment disputes involving sexual harassment, wrongful termination, discrimination, and enforcement of settlement
- Mediated insurance coverage cases involving construction costs, business ventures, and tort coverage
- Successfully mediated civil rights cases involving privacy issues and allegations of racial discrimination by a major restaurant chain; civil rights disputes with government agencies and commercial businesses
- Mediated real estate disputes involving land use issues, brokers duties, property partitions, and co-owner disputes
- Arbitrated allocation of clean-up costs from leaking storage tanks at sites nationwide; arbitrated Proposition 65 food and medical products
- Arbitrated international telecommunications dispute, health insurance disputes, business and property disputes
- Successfully mediated insurance equitable contribution indemnification among 32 insurance companies